Any role for adults in Scouting requires a disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously CRB). Copies of the forms are available at the Scout Hut or can be downloaded below. The Scout Association has an electronic system for processing appointments and disclosure checks. The following steps will happen in order to complete the DBS.
- You wish to become a Occasional Helper, Parent Helper or attend an Overnight event.
- Download and complete the IDENTITY CHECKING FORM (BELOW).
- Hand this Form along with the required I.D to a Leader or Group Scout Leader for checking.
- Wait for the DBS process to start.
- Email received with details of how to log-in into the Scouts DBS system called ‘Atlantic Data’ to confirm your I.D – All I.D presented, National Insurance Number and all previous addresses are required at the time of Log-in.
- Wait for Email confirmation of approval – The Scout Group will also be told.
- Start attending as a helper.
SUITABLE I.D DOCUMENTS (Specified by the Disclosure & Barring Service) –
You will require a total of three original documents:
- GROUP 1 DOCUMENTS (please provide three or at least one)
- UK or EU Photocard Driving Licence*
- Birth Certificate (issued within 12 months of birth, i.e. not a recently acquired copy)*
- Adoption Certificate (issued within 12 months of adoption)*
- Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate (issued within 12 months of the event)
- * If you have one of these you must present it along with other documents
- GROUP 2 DOCUMENTS (if you have not provided three Group 1 documents you must provide documents from this group)
- Council Tax statement (within last 12 months)
- Financial statement, e.g. pension, endowment (within last 12 months)
- P60 (within last 12 months)
- P45 (within last 12 months)
- Bank/Building Society Statement (within last 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (within last 3 months)
- Utility Bill (Electricity, Gas, Water) (within last 3 months)
- Telephone Bill – not mobile (within last 3 months)
- If you do not have three documents from across both groups please bring along your Adult Information form and we will send you an email from the DBS which will offer you a wider range of documents to choose from)
We will not require any further information unless the Scout Association contacts you directly.